5.27.2014

this cat does not do rain....

... unless I can be dried off with a nice warm fluffy towel.  Which I am told, there was not a single one to be found at the Vintage Marketplace in Springfield, Ohio.  So I am very happy to report that I had the foresight to stay  h. o. m. e. I can see that I amaze you with my keen senses, leaving you speechless since I don't hear you...


So while I was at home, where it was also cold and rainy, I was inside snoozing in comfort.
Meanwhile 400 miles away, she unloaded in the rain...

two hours into set up and it's still dry in the tent

four hours into set up -
note lunch on table....cookies and water

...sold in the rain and froze her tail off in the rain.  Such dedication for me and the acquisition of monies for my catnip! I should keep her right? Better to send her out into the rain, than risk freezing my whiskers off and getting drenched.  The results would be horrific! My fur would take days to return to it's glorious shine and my whiskers or lack thereof.... oh my fur stands on end just thinking about it! Let's move on, shall we.....



It was so cold, one very kind customer took pity on her numb fingers and gave her their extra set of gloves on Saturday.  If you are reading this, a huge thank mew!!!!  If her fingers had gotten frostbite, however would she feed me?!?  It really was that cold!  Four shirts and a heavy sweatshirt on Friday was not enough.  So on Saturday she wore four shirts, a denim jacket AND a sweatshirt trying to stay warm.




So now you've got a feel for how bad the weather was.  And you might be dreading what I'm about to tell you regarding the show sales.....



There were very few people on Saturday due to the cold, rain and hail.  A day that should have been the best of the three days.  It was the worst sales on record for a Saturday.  And that's thirteen years worth of sales data.






However, sales were very good on Friday and 45 minutes before closing on Sunday.


 The afternoon sun and warmer temperatures Sunday afternoon certainly helped convince a few people to come out. And sure made it a lot nicer for load up.


This show was probably one of the craziest, unpredictable, out of the norm show sales yet.  But in the end when the trailer was packed and she was ready to go....


....there was very little to pack up! 
How purrfect is that?!!!

So you see, it was all good!


Now where is my catnip?!?!!

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Wonderful! I am so glad it ended on a high note. Enjoy all that new catnip my dear furry friend!

So sad to read how cold SHE was though; I do hope she rests up now - she deserves it!

Take care, both of you!

Diane said...

So glad that "she" felt like it was worth it anyway. I think you had the better deal, Romeo, back home snoozing in a cozy spot sounds great in nasty weather. Good to hear from both of you. Diane

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Romeo, my litte furry friend, you're such a clever guy. Snoozing in comfort sounds certainly so much better than standing in the rain with no towel in reach. I'm sorry to hear that your Mom had to freeze during the show but I'm glad to hear that the sales were good though. I'm sure you'll get some catnip soon. I mean, wasn't that the whole purpose of selling at that show? Next time you might consider going with your Mom to keep her warm. There might be some extra catnip in for you ;).
Hugs to both of you,
Julia

NanaDiana said...

SHE is a very good Momma to you, Romeo. Looks like SHE did a great job in spite of the cold and miserable weather. I am happy SHE had so little to pack up and cart home. Bless you AND HER! xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Deborah...it was great to see you on Saturday, even though the weather was dreadful!! I didn't purchase one thing...most booths had to keep things covered up because of the rain, plus I was so cold that my heart was not into looking for goodies. Lets hope for good weather in the Fall.
hugs,
Cindy

victorian parlor II said...

Romeo,

Yikes, looks like your mom had it rough. My mom doesn't like cold either but so long as I get my morning and evening meals and my daily petting it is up to her what she does in between.

Purrs and Meows,

Kramer

Bohemian said...

Now what other Grand Adventures has She been up to lately? Haven't seen a Post in a while... Hope all is Well and you had a Happy 4th of July. Now that the Holiday is over we're back to Abnormal around here... Miss Priss finally got spayed so no more itty bitty kitties around here. *Whew* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian