10.18.2011

Coming up for air....

Yikes! It's been some kind of crazy around here......and still is, so this will be probably be the shortest post I've ever done. Can I do it with just a few meows......this cat who takes two steps and a meow, another two steps and a meow....probably not but here goes anyway.....


We had "her" niece and boyfriend in for a week. There were from the Portland, Oregon area. Lots of tourist time and a few extra snacks for me. Company is so easy to purrsuade....."no I haven't eaten in three weeks, how about a snack".... hey, it worked! I even had Grammie believing it - check it out, she's making me FOUR hot dogs! (Reminder: click on the picture to see a larger image)


The time prior was nip and tuck I tell you. I wasn't sure I was going to survive the trauma of company preparation. And on top of that, as you may have suspected it included lots of show prep time. Because it was so close to the show date, everything or as much as possible had to be done BEFORE they arrived. Eek! It was a frenzy of cleaning, gathering, pricing, and making the "stuff". I napped alot during this time. "She" wore me out just watching "her".

Inside, more hardwood flooring was put down. Well naturally, after the carpet and padding was taken up. Some painting in prep for the floors to go down. Only the hallway and the master bedroom left. But that will have to wait. Maybe after the show.....

But now that all that is done, and the niece is now home....

yes, "she" kicked it into high gear.

Again.

It is almost time.


The trailer is finally loaded and parked in the driveway ready for take-off. Yes, quite literally.....checking the trailer brakes this evening.....not sure if they are working. So.....since the driveway slopes down and then up slightly, it could very well be a "take off". I'll be watching from the front window. Safe.

Originally, I had hoped to go with. But after the discovery of the questionable trailer brakes....well not so anxious any more.


And this evening after viewing the bed of the truck....I really don't want to go. Thankfully, it's dark here, so I can save my reputation and spare you the redneck truck picture. Trust me on this one - seriously, there are bales of hay sticking out, chippy old doors and even a porch column that looks like someone tried to set fire to. Should have let it burn. Just saying....


Really?!

Oh the horror.

I don't understand how we could go from this (see photo below submitted for admission) to a burned up old porch column....oh, I sure hope "she" knows what "she's" doing....honestly though? I have my doubts.


If anyone questions my participation in anything other than the bedding line, I will have to deny any involvement. I can do that can't I??!

One last thing....if you are coming to the show, bring along a handwritten note to me and I'll make sure "she" gives you a small gift. It doesn't need to be anything grand, just a note letting me know that you thought of me, since I can't be there in purrson. Yes, I'll admit it, I love the attention. My name isn't Romeo for nothing ;)

I'll be sure and post pictures after "she" brings them back.

Have a purrfect week!

18 comments:

oldgreymare said...

wishing you a safe, happy, profitable show and then return home safe and happy, and with your pockets full. :D

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I was hoping to go to this show but I am in Texas. My brother is really ill and I'm here to be with my Mom. Hope you have a great show and I would love to be sending Romeo a note since he makes me smile. Charlie Kitty is in GA but alas does not go out much!
hugs,
Linda

Maggie said...

Ah, Romeo...you're priceless! Tell "her" good luck with the show :) I hope you don't get lonely at home. Just remember your boggy friends are here!

Mark said...

The more money made, the more catnip for you.
Your Friend, m.

cynthia lee designs said...

I hope you have safe travels and a great show! Can't wait to hear all about it!
hugs,
Cindy

Antiques In Old Town said...

So EXCITED to see all the TREASURES SHE will be bringing...I know you will enjoy all the nap time ...QUIET... with her gone. 3 more days...but who's counting ?

Diane said...

I can't be there Romeo, I'm too far away. But I'll be thinking of "her" and hope her trip to the show is worth it all. I'm glad you'll be in your safe, comfy bed at home. We wouldn't want to have you taking off over a cliff ("her" either, for that matter). Good to hear from you, it sound like you had a wonderful time being the star attraction with the relatives. Have a purrfect day, Diane

NanaDiana said...

Well, now I know what SHE has been up to! I was about to send a rescue crew out looking for HER (I KNEW you would be all right-you are a survivor).

I hope the show is such a sell out that the trailer comes hone enpty except for a few CATfish in a can (for you, of course).

So nice to see you- Stay safe at home and wish HER a safe trip with HIM...and please come visit again soon! Purrs and scritches- xo Diana

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh sweet Romeo...you do know how to work a crowd. I have a feeling you'll get more attention there than "she" does, even though you aren't attending. I join the throngs in wishing "her" a wonderful show - I'm sure "her" set-up will be MEOWva-lus!

Jan

Lululiz said...

You know, a braver cat I have never met. To put up with such a traumatic prep time........ quite the hero, aren't you? I suppose the extra snacks and attention which followed kinda made up for the upset.
Shame you didn't get to go to the show, I can see you there, attracting the customers, giving them your best "don't walk away without buying " stare, and lapping up the attention which you would surely attract.

Cindy said...

You will do so great at the show!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have a safe trip!

Unknown said...

nice to see you back...Good luck at the show, how EXCITING!!!!
xo
lynn

Dotti said...

Dear Romeo,
Like you, I am at home and not going to the Country Living Fair! But my daughter Melanie (with hubby and baby Jay)are going today, and she has promised me that she will visit "her" booth and leave you a nice little note! Dotti

One Vintage Hag said...

Dear Romeo,
Wanted to let you know that "she" had a remarkable spot at the Country Living Fair. Left a little something with "her" for you as we did miss seeing you curled up on the bed. Hope it was "her" best fair ever!
Sebastian & Sadie
♥ one vintage hag

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Romeo, I was at THE show in Friday and the booth was GORGEOUS! SHE did a great job, so no needs for you to worry about a thing there!! LOVED it!! We had a blast, didn't meet her, but we did meet him....lovely man....he told me about your blog and I got one of your business cards. I have FOUR cats...so I can SO relate! Can't wait to see her picture!!

I am your newest follower :)

Meow!

Lou Cinda

Anonymous said...

Oh Romeo, the things "she" makes you put up with, honestly! I think you made the right choice to stay home...that trailer looks like not a smidge more would fit. Of course if 'she' is anything like me 'she' would manage I am sure :D
Look forward to seeing those pictures as I won't be going to the show either *sigh* just too far away and I have my mom trained quite well, if I can't go neither can she!
Stay cool dude,
Raphael and his mom (Ely)

Catherine said...

It sounds like you have had a very busy time of it Romeo. But look at how cute you are ~ clearly all the work you have been doing has not affected your charm and good looks! ;)

xo Catherine

Barbara Jean said...

cute post Romeo. Thanks for keeping us in the loop on things.

By the way, regarding my cute little mice (the ones in the book I showed for white Wednesday), I saw the way you were looking at them. They are just cute little mouse drawings, so don't get too excited!!! =)

hugs and blessings
barbara jean