2.08.2010

A Cat's Junkyard Style

What would a cat know about style? Lots - I know what I like, what else is there to know?  I don't need to keep up with the latest trends, and why bother.  I mean really! It's so much easier to just be me and be true to that.  If I stay true to what I like I don't ever have to worry about getting it wrong. 
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken!"
Love that quote, not sure now where I read it.  Maybe one of you knows who wrote it....would love to give that incredibly wise person credit! 
So what do I enjoy?  I love things that should they break I won't be sent to the dog house....real things that can be imperfect, have a history of being loved, and are one of a few, not one of many.  I've posted a picture to give you a hint....

There are several columns in this display....and I have, yes, I confess....I have sharpened my claws in an act of desperation.  Yep, sure did.  It got "her" attention and she then let me outside which is all I really wanted anyway.  But she didn't yell and scream - not that she would take kindly to shredded toothpicks made from any of these columns, but they are useful for getting a message across.  And the mirror comes in handy too...I never know when I might need to impress someone with my handsome looks.  It ensures that all my whiskers are properly aligned...those are important matters, not perfect furniture.

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Debra!! Romeo is so adorable!! I have to tell you, one of my favorite things in my studio is one of those lavender sachets you made and sold me a long time ago at Lakewood, with the vintage fabric and button in the center?...those were the good ol' days!!! I always, always love your taste and the loved and well worn is beautiful to me too ~ Whenever you'd like, I'd be happy to send all my readers to your online store...everyone else will love your taste too!!! It's so good to see you here ~ hugs and love, Dawn